Monday, September 6, 2010

Mac 'n Cheese

My friend brought this over for me after I had my surgery and I insisted on the recipe. quick and easy to make and SUPER yummy!

Mary's Macaroni & Cheese

12 oz. uncooked macaroni(cook as directed) (16 oz dry = 3 Cups)

2 C cottage cheese - blend in blender (3 C)

1/3 C butter (1/2 C)

1/3 C flour (1/2 C)

1/2 t salt (1t)

1/4 t white pepper (1/2 t)

2 C half and half (3 C)

2/3 C milk (1 C)

3 C grated cheddar cheese (4-5 C)

1-2 C crushed cheese its or cheese nips

1/4 C melted butter

1/2-1 C crumbled bacon

Cook macaroni in large pot and drain. Put back in pot. Blend cottage cheese in blender. Set aside. Melt butter in med size sauce pan. Add flour, salt, and white pepper. Stir with whisk to make a thick paste. Gradually add the half and half and milk. Continue whisking until thick and smooth. Pour over noodles. Add cottage cheese and cheddar cheese. Add some crumbled bacon if desired. Stir until combined. Pour in sprayed 9x13 baking dish or if making the larger recipe pour in 8x8 and 9x13. Sprinkle bacon on top. Combine melted butter and cheese its. Sprinkle on top. Bake 20-25 min at 400*. Let sit 5-10 min before serving.

*When I make this for another family I use the amounts in parentheses.

1 comment:

  1. Seriously? This sounds uuuhh-maazzzing!! I can't wait to try this! YUM!

    ReplyDelete